26 Feb 2013

February 26th




Longing for a good nights sleep? It's more than just rest you need.


U.K. researchers have found that sleep deprivation dramatically alters the body. So, not only do those people who don't get a good night's sleep walk around like zombies half the time, but their body is changing too.

www.nutritionalsupplimentproduct.com
Heart disease, diabetes, obesity and poor brain function have all been linked to substandard sleep. Tests compared the blood of 26 people after they had had plenty of sleep, up to 10 hours each night for a week, with the results with samples after a week of fewer than six hours a night. More than 700 protein-building genes were altered by the shift—they produced less.
A run of poor sleep can affect the internal workings of the immune system and how the body responds to damage and stress.

Tests are good—no doubt about that. However, at the moment there is no cure. Scientists are working towards finding a drug that could eliminate the effects of sleep deprivation. Sleep accentuates regeneration of the immune, nervous, skeletal and muscular systems in the body.

www.thehealthsuccesssite.com
I have always been a good sleeper, as were my children. Maybe they inherit sleep patterns from their mothers. Scientists say that babies can decipher speech as early as three months before birth. I'm sure they pick up stress or calm from their mother too. 

On the other hand, my husband doesn't sleep well. He tosses and turns to get comfortable, has violent dreams where he kicks and shouts and invariably catches up on missed zzzzs in the morning.

This works well for me, allowing me free time to write my blog and carry on writing my books. I wake bright and fresh with a positive outlook and cheerful disposition. I follow a routine to carry me through a productive morning. When I greet Mr. Grumpy-head with a kiss and a reassuring rub on the shoulder, he begins to brighten. I learned this one morning last week when he asked me what was the matter. That took me aback. When asked what he meant, he said, "You're always so cheerful in the morning."

So, unable to help my own husband, I have no advice to offer all the bad sleepers. I can only add that my conscience is clear, my outlook positive and my trust in goodness, God, and a higher power, intact.
 

8 comments:

  1. I toss and turn if I go to bed too early. I now go when I can't keep my eyes open. That could be between 10 and midnight. I usually begin waking up between 5:30 and 6:30 AM. My body clock has been changing.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sleep patterns are changing too. I don't need to sleep so early. Age?

      Delete
  2. My husband used to do that. It is very frightening. He had REM behavior disorder. There is medication for it. He might want to see a doctor about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband says he's been talking to me as we go to bed, and then realizes I'm asleep. No guilty conscience or worries here. I can fall asleep on a plane, train, etc. I have a friend who has a great difficulty and resorts to sleep aids - then she's groggy in the morning. I feel fortunate that I can zzzzzzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those of us who can fall asleep without any trouble are truely blessed.

      Delete
  4. I recently started using breathe right strips on my nose prior to bed. I've never had such a wonderful sleeping experience. Waking up completely rested, etc. I think maybe I wasn't getting as much air as I needed before because sometimes I woke up tired.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what YOU think.